With more than 20 years of legal experience, you can trust Krause Estate Planning & Elder Law Center to answer all your questions about estate planning and elder law. We offer talented counsel with specialized, focused, and relevant experience to help you make informed decisions that protect what matters most to you.
We focus solely on elder law, estate planning and probate and estate administration.
About Our Estate Planning Services
- Wills: Your last will and testament is an essential document that provides instructions on what to do with your assets once you pass. We provide customized wills to provide maximum protection for your loved ones and assets.
- Trusts: Even if you have a will, a trust is also highly recommended to help provide more comprehensive protections. A trust can help you avoid probate, pass on assets efficiently to beneficiaries, and provide protections from creditors.
- Asset Protection: We can explore a variety of proactive asset protection strategies to help you maximize what you pass onto your loved ones while protecting them from financial predators and minimizing excessive taxes.
- Power of Attorney: Having a comprehensive power of attorney can help ensure that your financial and medical affairs are taken care of in the event you are unable to manage them yourself.
- Trust Administration: We manage the trust assets and distribute them according to the instructions in the trust agreement. Administration includes settling any debts, paying taxes, transferring property titles and any other administrative tasks that must be handled to close out or settle the estate of the decedent.
- Probate: The rules of probate are confusing and frustrating if you don’t have a background in law. Mishandling the probate process also can lead to personal liability for the personal representative or executor. For most estates, probate can take between six months and two years. For larger estates, or if an estate is contested, it can take much longer.
Estate Planning Also Helps the Living
We often think of estate planning to guide what happens after our death. While this is true, planning is also an integral part of establishing your future life. Whether for you or a loved one, our Stoughton estate planning lawyer addresses your unique needs to make the golden years less stressful.
Establishing a relationship with an experienced estate planning lawyer is smart. You begin preparing for retirement long before you stop working, and estate planning should be considered in the same vein. As your needs, property, assets, and relationships evolve, we can keep your wishes updated throughout your lifetime. Estate planning also is not limited to the wealthy. No matter what your bank account statement shows, you deserve to have decision-making powers about your life and your property.
Contact our legal team in Stoughton today at (608) 344-5491 or online to set up your consultation with one of our friendly legal professionals.
I felt very confident in your information and service.- Jahn & Janice
He offered practical advice and alternatives to the questions that we had.- Tim & Pamela
He is easy to work with and provides excellent advice. His staff is very personable and helpful as well.- Ronald
He is also very quick to respond to questions and concerns. We have enjoyed working with Dan and his staff in creating our living trust.- Rick
He's been attentive to my detailed requests, and always takes the time to explain my options and answer any questions I have about them.- Justin