Elder Law Attorney Based in Madison
Long-Term Care Planning for Seniors
As we age, we face a new set of elder law-related issues that we must confront. Common concerns such as nursing care, guardianships, Medicare/Medicaid, and healthcare documents should be addressed ahead of time to help minimize costs and stress for families. The cost of nursing home care alone can average between $100,000 a year.
At Krause Estate Planning & Elder Law Center, our dedicated legal team is here to assist seniors throughout Madison with their legal needs so that they are prepared for old age and life after retirement. We understand how important it is to get all of your affairs in order so that you have the legal tools and protections you need to preserve your legacy and ensure your wishes are respected if you become incapacitated or disabled.
Reasons you should have a long-term care plan in place:
- Health insurance often does not cover long term care needs
- A power of attorney allows you to choose someone you trust to manage your affairs
- You can plan ahead for the cost of nursing care and facility arrangements
- A medical crisis could occur and leave you incapacitated without a plan in place
Whether you are creating a plan for you or an elderly parent, we help clients manage their affairs and include the right legal tools and protections they need to overcome common legal and financial obstacles elder individuals sometimes encounter. Get in touch with our law firm today if you have questions about legal issues pertaining to aging, Medicaid planning, or long-term care.
Our legal professionals are ready to discuss different strategies for how to plan for your future and protect the future of your aging loved ones. Give us a call at (608) 344-5491 to schedule a consultation today.
Why Clients in Madison Choose Our Elder Law Attorney
Our elder law professionals know that aging can be difficult, but with an estate plan, a financial plan, and a family plan, it can be more care-free. Clients throughout Madison turn to our firm for legal assistance because:
- Military Background: Krause Estate Planning & Elder Law Center is owned by an Army JAG Corps vet.
- Responsive Service: Clients can always expect a call back from our legal professionals because we are here to answer all of your questions and concerns.
- Years of Experience: We know what we are doing and have been doing this for over 20 years
- Personalized Approach: All of our legal services are tailored to the unique needs of the clients we serve.
Elder Law Services We Offer
Krause Estate Planning & Elder Law Center understands that the important decisions and plans you need to make to set yourself or your aging family member up for the golden years can be frustrating. Reach out to our law firm in Madison so we can address all of your questions and concerns regarding any of the following elder law matters:
- Medicaid Planning: Medicaid can provide much needed coverage for nursing home programs. We can help you navigate the program requirements and organize your assets to maintain eligibility.
- Special Needs Planning: We can help you create a plan for your special needs loved ones, including how they will manage their daily activities, government benefits, and other care.
- Veterans Benefits: As a Veteran, Attorney Dan Krause provides careful guidance for those seeking to apply for Veterans Benefits. From the application to appealing a denial, we can assist with all stages of a case.
- Nursing Home Pre-Planning and Nursing Home Crisis Planning: We can help you navigate the planning process for nursing care, including funding, Medicaid laws, type of care you desire, the facility you prefer, and more.
- Long Term Care Insurance: Since traditional health insurance may not cover nursing care costs, long term care insurance is a great option that can help cover those costs.
- Creating a Power of Attorney: In the event you are incapacitated, you can appoint someone you trust to be responsible for managing your medical and financial affairs.
- Guardianship: We can help families petition for guardianship over a loved one if they are no longer able to care for themselves either due to advanced age or disability.
- Managing Assisted Living Expenses: The cost of assisted living can be extremely expensive. We can explore various funding options so you do not have to pay everything out of pocket.
Our top-notch attorneys are ready to sit and discuss your situation so we can devise a customized legal strategy to protect your loved one's future and ensure their legacy is preserved after they pass away. We understand that discussing some of these important matters can be uncomfortable, which is why our compassionate attorneys will patiently guide you through all of your major concerns so that you can make informed decisions.
Pursuit of Excellence