Madison Estate Planning Attorney
Proudly Helping Clients Plan for the Future
Krause Estate Planning & Elder Law Center is dedicated to helping regular Wisconsin people create smart plans for the future that will support their family if the worst should happen. Our legal professionals are here to walk you through all your options so that we can devise a comprehensive estate plan that is suitable for your situation and tailored to your unique goals. Our legal professionals don’t use cookie-cutter strategies or fillable forms. Instead, we build helpful relationships with our clients so that we can craft the detailed documents they need to protect their best interests.
Our law firm was founded by Dan Krause, a former Army JAG Attorney, with the goal of serving clients of all backgrounds who need legal guidance navigating the estate planning process. We exist to be a steadfast family friend, loyal to our clients through their family’s good times and also the challenges of aging and disability. Attorney Krause is a Board Certified Estate Planning Law Specialist, one of only eight such specialists in Wisconsin. With over 20 years of legal experience, attorney Krause has helped thousands of clients feel better about their future by creating smart plans that will preserve their wealth and legacies. Our estate planning attorneys in Madison, WI are ready to help you.
Give us a call at (608) 344-5491 if you would like to discuss the estate planning process with a seasoned lawyer at our firm.
Personalized Estate Planning Services in Madison, WI
Do you have a plan for how your assets will be distributed after you pass away? After you pass away, your home, vehicles, bank accounts, and retirement funds will need to be managed and distributed. Our talented attorney can draft a comprehensive and personalized estate plan that specifies how your wealth is handled so that you know your family will be taken care of long after you are gone.
Our legal team has a stellar reputation for taking a personalized approach to estate planning that ensures our clients' estate plans are complete all the way through. From titling assets correctly to completing and signing the right legal documents, our Board-Certified Estate Planning Law Specialist and our team of legal professionals are here to take the burden off your shoulders so you can focus on the future.
Reach out to us today to discuss any of the following estate planning services we offer at our firm:
- Wills: Your last will and testament is an essential document that provides instructions on what to do with your assets once you pass. We provide customized wills to provide maximum protect for your loved ones and assets.
- Trusts: Even if you have a will, a trust is also highly recommended to help provide more comprehensive protections. A trust can help you avoid probate, pass on assets efficiently to beneficiaries, and provide protections from creditors.
- Asset Protection: We can explore a variety of proactive asset protection strategies to help you maximize what you pass onto your loved ones while protecting them from financial predators and minimizing excessive taxes.
- Charitable Planning: We have helped many clients utilize charitable trusts to support causes they are passionate about. If you are interested in creating a charitable trust, contact us to learn your options.
- Power of Attorney: Having a comprehensive power of attorney can help ensure that your financial and medical affairs are taken care of in the event you are unable to manage them yourself.
- Business Succession Planning: When you've worked so hard to build up a successful business, you want to create an effective exit strategy and succession plan that is in your best financial interests. Our attorneys can guide you through your options and create a plan that is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of Estate Planning?
The main benefit of proper estate planning is that your family and loved ones will be prepared for the future and what comes after you pass away. That is why it is important to start estate planning as soon as possible.
Other benefits of estate planning include:
- Protect valuable assets
- Avoid the hassle and burden of the probate process
- Specify your wishes for important matters in case you are ever incapacitated
- Simplifies the transition to retirement
- Immediately administer your property following your death
- Reduce probate, tax, and other costly expenses
- Ensure your children are taken care of
- Accommodate special needs children
Pursuit of Excellence